This month’s tag:
The Summertime Madness Tag
Summer has officially ended here in Canada and so I decided to hold on to it for a little while longer with this tag. I was tagged (slightly ironically I have to say) by the amazing Summer @ XingSings earlier in August! Definitely check out her post if you have a chance because she has some great picks!
I will admit that it took me awhile to come up with this list! I spend a lot time listing to music (specifically The Weeknd & 5 Seconds of Summer), scrolling through my Goodreads account to find the perfect books. Here’s what I came up with:
1. Show a book with a Summery cover! (i.e Sun, Beach etc.)
Where I live in Ontario, cottaging or going to “the lake” is a common summer getaway. For some reason, this cover for No One Needs to Know just reminds me of swimming on a really hot day at a small lake after a BBQ.
2. Pick one fictional place that would be the perfect destination for your Summer Vacation!
I enjoy travelling, especially internationally! I would love to explore the many shades of London in A Darker Shade of Magic. It might not be a summery type of place, but I like to think I would have a lot of fun jumping between the alternate Londons with Kell and Lila!
3. You’re about to go on a flight to your Summer Vacation. But you want to read a book that lasts for the whole flight, so what novella do you choose?
Honestly, any novella by Colleen Hoover will do. She is probably one of my favourite novella writers because they still feel like whole stories. Maybe Not was a lot of fun to read as was Finding Cinderella–excellent ways to cap off those respective series!
4. You have a case of Summertime Sadness what happy book do you pick up to shine a smile on your face?
Sometimes, you just need to be reminded of all awesome things in life. It could be as simple as taking your bra off at the end of a long day or as complicated as finding that perfect cereal to milk ratio. I promise you, that after just a few awesome pages of The Book of Awesome, you will be smiling again 😀
5. You’re sitting at the beach all alone…which fictional character would be your beach babe?
Well, truthfully it would be Adrian from Vampire Academy / Bloodlines but he wouldn’t do so well in the sun… So I think I am going to pick Ansel from Sweet Filthly Boy. He is so funny and sweet and so I think he would be fun to go to the beach with 😉
6. To match your ice cream you want an icy cool sidekick! Which fictional sidekick do you pick?
Definitely Chloe from Crushed! I feel like we would be BFFs in real life. She is hilarious! I wanted her to be my new BFF after only reading 2 pages of her POV.
7. Share the Summertime Happiness! Who do you TAG?
I’m going to take the cheap way out and tag anyone who wants to do it! Hold on to that little bit of summer for as long as you can! And for my fellow Canadians:
Thanks again Summer!