I was eagerly awaiting this summer for two reasons: travelling vacations + reading…lots and lots of reading!
I got through a LOT of books in July and August thanks to the Make Me Read It Readathon and my free trial of Kindle Unlimited. Couple that with two separate road trips and zero moments of car-sickness, I was breezing through the books like no one’s business! I even finished my Goodreads Challenge for the year in early September!
I said goodbye to a lot of my favourite series this past summer, returned to some old favourites and found some new ones. It was a great summer for reading.
And how could I forget the Olympics! I was glued to my TV for two weeks cheering on my fellow Canadians as they did an amazing job representing our country. I apologize (it’s the Canadian in me) for everyone who follows me on Twitter for all the retweets and cheers I made during those two weeks. Besides getting my fill of sports, I also did some serious blog maintenance while watching–so all was not lost.
- 86 Books Read + 1 novellas
- 2 nonfiction audiobooks
- 11 standalones (including 4 ARCs)
- 35 of books from TBR Jar
- Started 12 new series (including 6 ARCs)
- Finished 6 series from start to end
- Finished 10 previously started series
- Read sequels for 5 previously started series
★★★★★ Favourite Reads ★★★★★
★★ Least Favourite Reads ★★
*Note: If the review is available, click on the cover! However, due to the nature of my blog (ie I review whole series) it often takes me a few weeks to publish a full review (pending book availability) so look forward to seeing some of these reviews in the upcoming weeks/months if there is no link available!
I thought it would be fun to keep track of my reading progress from my Kobo this year. While I do own a Kindle now, I mostly use my Kobo for everyday reading. One of my goals this year is to increase the % of finished novels on my Kobo with my various challenges.
These stats are from the screenshots I take from my Kobo on the last day of the month:
- Stats as of July 31, 2016
- Total % Of Library Complete: 18%
- Total # of Books Finished: 481
- Total # of Reading Hours: 1951
- Stats as of September 30, 2016
- Total % Of Library Complete: 19%
- Total # of Books Finished: 506
- Total # of Reading Hours: 2040
These are the stats that Kobo sends me for each Quarter:
At first, I was shocked that I read less this summer than in the winter/spring! But then I realized, I was reading a lot of review copies which I use my Kindle for so I have a lot of hours unaccounted for.
Most Viewed Post
Most Viewed Review
My most recently updated posts:
You can get the full details on all my challenges on my dedicated pages but here is a quick update:
365 Days of YA Challenge: 0 books added
Goodreads Challenge: 87 books added
Officially completed as of September 6 with Finding Us by Megan Smith!
Rock My TBR Challenge: 6/12 + 0 of Priority
I’ve officially reached my goal of 48 books though novella serials helped reach that goal.
Book Blogger Organization Challenge: I’m all caught up now with the exception of June’s task
Commenting 365 Challenge: 129 blogs visited
I haven’t done any other readathons this year but I was really excited to participate in the 2nd Annual Make Me Read It Readathon! With this one, YOU get to chose what books I read from a list of 10 books I had randomly chosen from my TBR Jar. You can view the choices & resaults here.
My goal was to read 4 books and so I read the 4 books with the most votes:
Mission accomplished! I still plan on reading the other 6 books on my list (I’ve already read three!) by the end of the year for my Rock My TBR Challenge.
You can still join in on these discussions:
- SERIESous Spoilers: A Court of Mist and Fury
- SERIESous Spoilers: Lady Midnight
- When Your Favourite Author Switches Genres
- Why I Want to DNF More Books
- Self-Hosting: A 6 Month Reflection
- Musing: Just One More Chapter Excuse
- Completely new look for Series Recaps!
- Fixed tags for posts
- Brand New Self-Hosting Guide!
- My 600th post was the Series Review for Newsoul Trilogy
- My 1200th “read” book on Goodreads was Until We Break by Jamie Howard!
- My 1300th “read” book on Goodreads was Beautiful Broken Promises by Kimberly Lauren
- Eliminated 251 books from my Goodreads TBR (a reduction of 21%!)
- Add recap buttons to previous posts
- Update old reviews
- Finish book series!
So everyone has a song for the summer and I just have to give my input. I think Justin Timberlake’s Can’t Stop the Feeling was the song for me (perhaps it was released too early to be “summer” worthy though). I also adore the Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez duet We Don’t Talk Anymore.
What were your biggest reading or personal accomplishments of the past month?
Leave a comment below!