This year, I plan on cleaning up my TBRs in a variety of ways. From reading eBooks that have been on my TBR for years to those hotly anticipated reads of the last 5 years that I just haven’t got to yet, 2018 is all about reducing the “to-read” and increasing the “read” statistics.
To Read 5 of my most anticipated reads for each of the last 5 years.
Every year, there are few books that just fall through the cracks despite my best intentions. So, each year I pick 5 of my hotly anticipated books from each of the last 5 years and make them a priority to read in 2019.
The list totals 25 titles that were published between 2014 – 2018. This year, the focus is on books I already own with 15 titles coming from my personal eReader collection and the remaining 10 coming from the library.
(Fun Fact: That’s a total of 63 Books and 9 Novellas!)
One of the reasons I let this challenge slip in the past was by not following my reading plan for the year. This year, I intend to stick with it and not deviate. I’ve also ensured that the majority of the books that I will be reading come from my personally owned collection so that I’m not entirely at the whim of the library for getting these titles.
3 Books of 25 Read*
*I have DNF’d 0 of the original 25 selected
0 of 5 Years Completed
- 2018 (2/5)
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch
- Royal Engagement by Chance Carter
The Chase by Elle Kennedy
- XO, Zach by Kendall Ryan
- 2017 (0/5)
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C Dao
- City of Brass by S A Chakraborty
- Sexy Jerk by Kim Karr
- Most Valuable Player by Lauren Blakely
- Mister Romance by Leisa Rayven
- 2016 (0/5)
- A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- American Queen by Sierra Simone
- Checkmate: This is Love by Kennedy Fox
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt
- 2015 (1/5)
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
- Sincerely, Carter by Whitney G
- Love me Never by Sara Wolf
- Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne
- 2014 (1/5)
- Sex, Marry, Kill by Todd Travis
- The Body Electric by Beth Revis
Blocked by Jennifer Lane
- The Pact by Karina Halle
- More than Music by Elizabeth Briggs
4 of 64 Total Books Read*
*I’ve opted not to read 0 sequels of the listed series
0 of 14 Novellas Read**
**I’ve opted not to read 0 novellas of the listed series
(Last Updated: March 31, 2019)
A personal challenge to read those titles I’ve bought for my eReaders over the years!
Last year I created this challenge when I couldn’t find one that matched my exact goals. So I’m bringing it back this year to continue the eReader purge!
My Goal for 2019:
4 Books of 24 Read
- These are titles I’ve owned prior to 2019
- Minimum of 2 titles a month drawn from my TBR jar
- Inaugural titles from my 5 Year 5 Book Challenge will NOT count (DNI)
- Their sequels will count if they were purchased prior to 2019
- DNFs are marked separately and not counted towards final totals
- ✔ January (3):
- Touching Down by Nicole Williams
- A Million Worlds With You by Claudia Gray
- Becoming Rain by K A Tucker
- ✔ February (2)
- Blocked by Jennifer Lane (DNI – 5Y5BC)
- Chasing River by K A Tucker
- Losing my Balance by Helena Newbury
- ✖ March (0)
- The Chase by Sarina Bowen (DNI – 5Y5BC)
(Last Updated: March 31st, 2019)
Goodreads Challenge 2019
My goal is to read 200 books this year. I undershot my goal last year but I think this year’s target is an obtainable number but one that I might have to actively work at throughout the year.
(Last Updated: January 6, 2019)
Want to join me in these challenges?
Feel free to set up your own challenges based on mine. You can also use my images (or make your own, just please have my blog name somewhere on the image). All I ask is that you link back to me or post a comment below so I can see what you’ve chosen to do!