What a year! December was a great month for reading (I had SIX, yes SIX 5-star reads!) but this year was phenomenal! I read wayyyy more books than I expected (my Goodreads Challenge can attest to that!); started taking review requests and joined NetGalley; focused more on my TBR books; visited so many great blogs and felt more apart of this fabulous community than ever before! I think 2015 was my favourite blogging year yet, and I hope 2016 can live up to those expectations!
This feature is also going to become a Quarterly Feature in 2016 as well. It is very time consuming to format everything and I doubt very many people enjoy reading it 😛 It’s mostly for me anyways and since most of my new challenges don’t require constant updating (like last year’s), a recap every 3 months is just as fine as monthly 😉
- 18 Books Read + 2 novellas
- 0 nonfiction novels
- 3 standalones (including 0 ARCs)
- 2 books from TBR Jar
- Started 5 new series (including 2 ARC)
- Finished 0 series from start to end
- Finished 3 previously started series
- Read sequels for 5 previously started series
|Favourite Read||Least Favourite Read|
*Note: If the review is available, click on the cover! However, due to the nature of my blog (ie I review whole series) it often takes me a few weeks to publish a full review (pending book availability) so look forward to seeing some of these reviews in the upcoming weeks/months if there is no link available!
Having a Kindle AND a Kobo is a dangerous thing…especially when Kindle has so many books on sale on a regular basis (and boxing day comes)!
Most Viewed Post
Most Viewed Review
Previously posted reviews I updated this past month:
I had a great year participating in various book challenges. This was the first year I did something besides the GoodReads Challenge and I had a BLAST! I’ve signed up for some different challenges this year and you can read about those here.
- Book Bingo–Canadian: 1 books added
- OVERALL: I only got 5 books in total (but no line); however, I read a lot of books that didn’t exactly qualify so I still feel pretty successful overall
- Everything YA Challenge: ✔ 2 YA reads
- OVERALL: I definitely read at least 2 YA books a month but only managed 4 of 9 mini challenges (I had hoped to complete them all)
- Goodreads Challenge: 12 books added
- OVERALL: I surpassed my goal of 150 by reading 233
- Monthly Key Word Challenge: ✖
- OVERALL: I read key words for 9 of the 12 months this year!
- Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +50 points added
- OVERALL: I was just shy of my 3rd goal of 500 points, totalling 472!
- SERIESous’ Personal Classics Challenge: 0 books added
- OVERALL: I completely bombed on this one! I read ZERO classics this year 🙁
- SERIESous’ Personal Nonfiction Challenge: 0 books added
- OVERALL: I actually managed to read 6 books (my goal was 5)!
In this previously monthly feature I pit two books or themes against each other to see who will be triumphant. I give my subjective opinion in the post, but I want to see who would win in your eyes via a poll. Thanks to those who participated!
This month’s final poll results:
BOOK SERIES VS STANDALONES
Book Series 5 | Standalones 1 | Depends on Genre 3
Next Battle: Science Fiction vs Dystopian
My Goals for December were the same as my TBR Goals for November thanks to exams and holidays. I wasn’t too hard on myself but it definitely could have been a more productive Winter break!
- No requests/ARCs in December
- Again, I didn’t do so well with this. But of the ones that were do in December, a lot of them I had previously committed to. I only requested one book on NetGalley but my Read-it-Review-It group had 3 great reads I couldn’t pass up and so I took a chance.
- No putting books on hold at the library in December
- Besides the newest Ally Carter and Rosemary Beach novel, I didn’t put anything else on hold. Well, I did put Winner’s Kiss and Lady Midnight on Hold but they don’t come out until March so no harm no foul. I only have a total of 5 books on hold which was my TBR goal when I started this whole process.
- Read 5 TBR books in December
- HAH! Lofty goals! But I did manage to start the Lunar Chronicles so I knocked off 2 TBR items.
- Generally: Not starting a new series by an author I already have an unfinished series/sequels for
- One of my NetGalley invitations was for an author I have sitting on my Kobo but I couldn’t pass up the chance to read Laurelin Paige’s First Touch!
One of my new 2016 Challenges is Rock my TBR. I will still be doing my TBR updates but only for the challenge as I hope the challenge will naturally integrate my TBR books into my monthly reads.
- Throwdown Thursdays will now become a seasonal feature
- Signed up for new Challenges for 2016
- Monthly Inventory will become Quarter Inventory (once every 3 months)
- Trilogy Termination Blitz
- Blogging & Reading Resolutions for 2016
- Update the following:
- review directories
- Series Recaps for all pages
I somehow managed to score Adele Tickets for next October so I am SUPER excited!
What were your biggest reading or personal accomplishments of the past year?
Leave a comment below!