June just flew by! I can’t believe it’s over! I’ve been busy with work, seeing plays and the ballet, catching up with friends and reading outside when the weather has cooperated. I suppose I didn’t read as much as I had hoped, but I did pick up some great reads though nothing blew me away!
June also marked the first full month of my personal Tackling the TBR challenge. I’ll be posting an full update and my next steps early next week but I’ll just say here that I say that I’m happy with how things progressed 🙂
- 15 Books Read + 0 novellas
- 1 nonfiction novels
- 3 standalones (including 0 ARCs)
- 2 of books from TBR Jar
- Started 4 new series (including 2 ARCs)
- Finished 0 series from start to end
- Finished 4 previously started series
- Read sequels for 2 previously started series
|Favourite Read||Least Favourite Read|
*Note: just because I read a series/book this month doesn’t mean that the review was also published. Due to the nature of my blog (ie I review whole series) it often takes me a few weeks to publish a full review (pending book availability) so look forward to seeing some of these reviews in the upcoming weeks/months!
I didn’t buy any books this month as per my Tackling the TBR May/June Challenge!
|Most Viewed Post|
Crossfire vs Fifty Shades of Grey
- Previously posted reviews I updated this past month:
I wasn’t really on point with my reading challenges this month 🙁 Hopefully I can rectify that next month:
Book Bingo–Canadian: 2 books added
Bookish Bingo–Ready for Spring: 1 books added
Everything YA Challenge: ✔ Mini Challenge + ✔ 2 YA reads
Goodreads Challenge: 16 books added (I’m more than 52 books ahead of schedule!)
Monthly Key Word Challenge: ✖ no key words added
Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +54 points added (just 1 off from my 2nd goal!)
SERIESous’ Personal Classics Challenge: 0 books added
SERIESous’ Personal Nonfiction Challenge: 1 books added
The idea behind the feature is to pit two books (or other themes) that are always compared to each other in a battle of three rounds to see who the winner is.
I didn’t have a poll option for this month’s throwdown which was Crossfire Saga vs Fifty Shades Trilogy.
Next Battle: eBooks vs Physical Copies
- I did a lot of playing around with my side bar options for when you are reading a post:
- Added a Series of the Month Widget to spotlight a previously reviewed series
- Added a Recent Comment Section
- Listed my Recent Posts
- Added a Widget for Throwdown Thursdays
- Added a popular tags cloud
- I’ve started to post my reviews to Amazon.ca as well as Kobo.ca
- these are more condensed, single novel reviews
- Updated my review directories
Just a quick reminder that Montlake Romance is hosting a giveaway of their latest release until mid-July. You can read my review of the book here!
- Update posts for Spring Bingo and Tackling the TBR
- Update the following:
- review directories
- Series Recaps for G-L….I will get these done even if it hurts me!
- Possibly a Blogging Guide about social media? I haven’t decided
- Twitter Account will be created…once I come up with a great first tweet 😉
- A blogroll widget
Jason’s Derulo’s Want to Want Me has been in my head constantly!
To my fellow Canadians, I hope you have a great holiday!
What were your biggest reading or personal accomplishments of the past month?
Leave a comment below!
I didn’t read as much as I would like to during June, but I will make it up this July. I’m planning to read 11 books and I just hope that I will end up enjoying most of them. I think reading 15 books in one month is a great accomplishment though so great job! I didn’t buy any books during June, too! I don’t think I’m buying any books actually until December. Idk why but ever since winter of 2014, I haven’t felt like buying any books which is good because I need to read the books that I own first.