October – December, 2016
The last quarter of 2016 was an interesting one:
- I read more books than I anticipated but I DNF’d more books than ever before.
- Contemplated whether or not I was going to keep my blog as self-hosted
- which I am for another year at least
- Changed my theme once again (and am SO happy I did!).
- I become a Reading Advisory Expert on Riffle Books (check out their Book Expert personal recommendation system!)
By December I was ready for a fresh reading year. I started hunting for challenges in November and found some I’m excited to begin. I also started planning how I wanted to Tackle my TBR this year. I loved my reading plan for 2016 so I wanted to improve it and make sure it worked with my goals for 2017 (which you can find some of below).
Total for Quarter: 63 of Books Read + 3 of Novellas Read
|New Series Started
|Series Start to End||2||1||1 (ARCs)|
|Finished Previous Series||–||4||2|
Least Favourite Reads
*Note: If the review is available, click on the cover! However, due to the nature of my blog (ie I review whole series) it often takes me a few weeks to publish a full review (pending book availability) so look forward to seeing some of these reviews in the upcoming weeks/months if there is no link available!
Check out my favourite (and not so favourite) reads of 2016:
Too many good deals to pass up! So I didn’t list all my purchases but my Christmas present to myself was the paperback boxset of The Mortal Instruments:
I thought it would be fun to keep track of my reading progress from my Kobo this year. While I do own a Kindle now, I mostly use my Kobo for everyday reading. One of my goals in 2016 was to increase the % of finished novels on my Kobo with my various challenges.
Normally I do a month by month comparison but I wanted to see what my totals were like at the end of the year to the start:
- Stats as of February 10, 2016
- % Of Library Complete: 16%
- # of Books Finished: 434
- # of Total Reading Hours: 1739
- Stats as of January 1, 2017
- Total % Of Library Complete: 20%
- Total # of Books Finished: 523
- Total # of Reading Hours: 2107
A jump of 4% might not seem like much in theory I do have close to 1000 books/documents on my Kobo so I did make a good dent in it. And, I do have a Kindle and have been taking out more physical books from my library so my reading isn’t exclusive to my Kobo.
This is for the entire 2016 year:
Most Viewed 2016 Post
Most Viewed 2016 Review
Most Viewed Post
Most Viewed Review
My 8 most recently updated posts:
The following is my year end totals for all my challenges:
365 Days of YA Challenge: 0/1 Seasonal; 0/2 Monthly; 2/4 Weekly; 3/10 Daily books
Goodreads Challenge: 260/175 books added
Rock My TBR Challenge: 8/12 months + 5/6 of Priority + 80/48 books
Book Blogger Organization Challenge: Completed all but 1 (Update Guides)
Commenting 365 Challenge: 129 Blogs visited
5 Year 5 Book Challenge: to read select books from the last 5 years (view books)
#Shelflove Challenge: want to read 41-50 books from my TBR
Classics: hope is to read 1 per month
Judged by Cover: this is just to read random books from my library, no set goal
This was a Top Ten Tuesday post I did last year. I tried my best to get as many of these done and had some mild success.
- Clean up blog post tags –> WIN
- Tweet at least 6 times a week (excluding post publishing tweets) –> FAIL
- Update Series Recaps on monthly basis –> WIN
- Visit 365 Blogs and comment (see my Challenge page for 2016) –> FAIL
- Be more proactive about cross posting reviews to Goodreads/Riffle/etc –> WIN
- Read 1 Netgalley book a month –> WIN
- Read more books from my TBR (see my Rock my TBR Challenge Page) –> WIN
- Publish my “Trilogy Termination Blitz” reviews –> FAIL (but progress made!)
- Have no more than 5 books on hold at the library –> BIG WIN
- Do not start a new series by an author I have unread novels from –> WIN (I think)
I also have a few bucket list items:
- Participate in 2 Readathons –> Just One
- Participate in 3 Twitter Chats –> WIN
- Read 2 Classic Novels –> FAIL
My only resolution for 2017 is to reduce the # of books I purchase in a year. Only if they are on sale will I get the books.
You can still join in on these discussions:
- Riffle List: Kick-ass Heroines
- Discussion: Let Fiction be Fiction
- Perfect Match: Fall 2016 Edition
- Tag: Totally Didn’t
- Discussion: How Long is Too Long Between Sequels
- Tag: Burn, Read or Write
- TTT: Most Anticipated 2017 Releases
- Discussion: Is Predictable a Spoiler?
- Brand new theme!
- Updated old reviews with current format
- Updating old Guides
- Kobo vs Kindle eReaders
I suppose Bruno Mars 24K Magic was my holiday jam.
What were your biggest reading or personal accomplishments of the past year?
Leave a comment below!