One of my new resolutions for 2015 in terms of my blog is to actually do something about the awards I have been nominated for by some awesome bloggers. I always read the comments and smile that someone has taken the time to nominate me for something but I always forget to complete the necessary parts of the award. So, I would like to apologize for the very late response to each and every one of you! It truly means a lot to me that you have nominated me for an award and I feel awful that I ignored your kindness until now. This year I am going to try and change that by completing these nominations over the next month!
First and foremost thank you to: Book Gossips, Book Junkiez, Written Word Worlds and The Quintessential Bibliophile for their nominations over the last year and a half!
So 11 Facts About Myself
1) I obsessed with anything Disney & have never lost a game of Disney Scene It
2) I consider Highlander Romance novels my ultimate guilty pleasure read because I normally HATE alpha male leads, but I love highlander alphas.
3) I read most of my books via the public library.
4) I have a formula to figure out when I am going to get my books from the library that are on hold.
5) I extreme coupon my Kobo purchases – I have the spreadsheet and everything!
6) I have a very bad habit of finishing a book in one day when I have my school exams.
7) When not reading, I like to travel across North America. And when I travel, it is the only time I don’t read like crazy.
8) I have never finished a book in the Harry Potter Series
9) When there is nothing on TV, I watch whatever is on TLC or the Food Network.
10) I am obsessed with the Olympics – Go Team Canada!
11) I love seeing Shakespeare plays!
11 Questions from those who nominated me:
Instead of answering 4 groups of 11 questions, I just did 3 questions from each blog that nominated me…
From The Quintessential Bibliophile:
1) Why did you start this blog?
I started this blog because I was really tired of starting a series, loving the first book and then being supremely disappointed in the conclusion. If I had known how awful the rest of the series was, I would have never picked up the first book in the first place so I decided why not review SERIES instead of the individual books of the series? That way, I would save people time and my blog would have that unique flare to it.
2) Any 3 strange reading habits?
I always stop reading between chapters. If I am in the middle of the chapter, I won’t stop reading until I finish it!
I’ve reached the point where I prefer reading on my eReader vs a normal book which is a little blasphemous in some circles 😛
I usually spend my Saturday mornings in bed where I start and finish a book in one sitting.
3) Divergent or The Hunger Games?
A great question and one that isn’t asked as much as I think it is. I have to say The Hunger Games. I feel like the series has stronger individual books than Divergent which had slower sequel books to me.
From Book Gossips:
4)What made you create a Blog?
Besides the fact that I wanted to create a blog devoted to series reviews, I have always enjoyed writing. Since I was a kid, I would create stories and my dream job would be as a novelist. I’m also the person in my group of friends that people ask for book recommendations and because I do read a crap ton of books, I decided I should share my insights into books but with my own little spin on it all.
5) If you could travel to any city in the world, where would you go and why?
I really want to go to Tokyo, Japan. I watched a lot of anime as a teen and I just love Japanese culture. It seems like a city that is vastly different than any city that we have here in Canada/North America so I would love to experience it!
6) What is your Favourite Movie?
This is a tough one. I have three favourite Disney movies: Aladdin, Mulan and Hercules but I don’t know which one is my top.
From Written Word Worlds:
7) If you were stranded on a desert island with one book character, who would it be?
Easy: Katniss because she is a great hunter. Plus, she and I would get along great I think. She is one character I never got annoyed with when I was reading.
8) Would you rather be a tribute for the Hunger Games, go through Dauntless initiation or live the life of a Shadowhunter?
WOW, I don’t know how to answer this. Although meeting Four through the Dauntless initiation would be fantastic (<3), I would want to be a Shadowhunter. I love the Mortal Instrument series and I feel like Magnus Bane and I would be besties if we ever met.
9) What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
I’m going to go with a retro pick: The Princess Bride. Loved the book, but I think I love the movie more. It’s just so well done and I still quote it all the time. I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t love this movie.
From Book Junkies:
10) What is your least favorite aspect of blogging?
Rereading my posts and realizing I had awful grammar or really bad typos. I try my best to edit my posts before I officially post them but because I am often writing my reviews in different stages (because I am reviewing multiple books for one post), what I was writing yesterday isn’t what I am writing today or my views have changed so things can get a little messy. I cringe when I read my mistakes because I feel like I should have known better!
11) What was your favorite book as a child?
The only novel I really remember rereading was Jayden’s Rescue by Vladimir Tumanov. I also read a lot of Franklin, Arthur and Hopper (such beautiful illustrations) books as a kid so those are on my list too.
12) What is your favorite genre to read?
Right now, it’s New Adult hands down. I just love the great blend of drama and romance.
My 11 Questions for my Nominees:
1) Do you prefer reading an eBook or a physical paper book?
2) Would you rather go to the library or the book store?
3) Vampires or Werewolves?
4) A movie adaption for a book you wanted to read is coming out. Do you read the book first or after you see the movie?
5) Most overrated book series?
6) Favourite book series?
7) Do you prefer book series or standalone novels?
8) What is the perfect number of books in a series?
9) Favourite book you had to read for school?
10) What stops you from even picking up a series?
11) What would you like to do on your blog that you haven’t done yet?
My 5 Nominees:
Booked Away by Sophie
More to come!
Again, thank you for the nominations! I wish your blogs all the best in this new year! SERIESously happy reading!
1. Link and thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
3. Tag 11 or 5 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
4. Ask the bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!