Monthly Inventory: A recap of things that happened on my blog over the last month.
Surprisingly, the first half of March wasn’t that busy of a school month for me, so I managed to sit down and read books for more than an hour at a time! The result is that I was able to schedule a lot of reviews for the upcoming months which is perfect for exam season right around the corner! That also meant I had lots of time to update/tweak some formatting of my blog–including a new theme design for my 2 year anniversary next month! So stay tuned for a new look in May! I also created a TBR Jar that sits on my desk by my computer, tempting me to pull out a book title. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to actually use the jar this month–so many of the books I had on hold at the library became available at once (Murphy’s Law at its finest!)–but I plan to use it once my school term is done next month!
- 19 Books Read + 4 novellas
- 0 nonfiction novels
- 1 standalones (Guy, Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator)
- Started 5 new series (The Arcana Chronicles, The Conspiracy of Us, Stripped, The Winner’s Curse, Starcrossed)
- Finished 1 series from start to end (Stripped)
- Finished 6 previously started series (Slammed, Bloodlines, Tangled, Alienated, Beau Rivage, Spellcaster)
- Read sequels for 5 previously started series (Slammed, Arcana Chronciles, Real, Castles Ever After, The Winner’s Curse)
|Favourite Read||Least Favourite Read|
*Note: just because I read a series/book this month doesn’t mean that the review was also published. Due to the nature of my blog (ie I review whole series) it often takes me a few weeks to publish a full review (pending book availability) so look forward to seeing some of these reviews in the upcoming weeks/months!
|Posted Reviews||Review of the Month|
Most Viewed New Post
- Previously posted reviews I updated this past month:
Reading Challenge Updates
At the beginning of March I was excited to learn that I completed my goal for the 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge! I wanted to reach 100+ and by March 6th I had reached 104 points! I was shocked that I managed to read so many in just 2 months but when I looked at the breakdown I just got really lucky that a lot of the series I had been following had their grand finale books out so I really benefited from the 10 point bonus for finishing a series. I’ve set a new goal that I think will take me a little longer to finish but if it doesn’t, I’ll just set a new one!
✔ Two YA books
✔ Mini Challenge
Classic Challenge Reviews
Throwdown Thursday Results
This month I introduced my new monthly feature, Throwdown Thursdays. The idea behind the feature is to pit two books (or other themes) that are always compared to each other in a battle of three rounds to see who the winner is. Of course it is completely subjective to my own opinions so I added a poll feature to get your take on everything. Thanks to those who participated!
This month’s final poll results:
Hunger Games 11 | Divergent 1
Next Battle: Twilight Saga vs The Vampire Diaries
- Updated old tags & fixed “sequel” tags
- Updated Review Directories: Standalones | Series
- Added a Review Policy Page
- Added a poll sidebar section
On Order for April
- New theme design!!! Coming up on two years, I thought it was a time for a colour change!
- this includes a different review format as well
- Update the following:
- Review Directories
- Series Recaps for G-L
- Exploring social media options, like Tumblr and Instagram
Music of the Month
I really like music from the U.K. and this past month I listened to a lot of Olly Murs–specifically the songs Up (with Demi Lovato) and Wrapped Up (with Travie McCoy).
What were your biggest reading or personal accomplishments of the past month?
Leave a comment below!
I wish you all SERIESously happy reading!