November was a busy, busy month! School just flew by and now finals are here! This is really exciting because this is my second last term of school (finally) and I only have one more term of classes because everything is clinical. Which is fantastic because I am SO sick of school!
Reading wise, November turned out to be better than I expected. Writing wise, not so much 🙁 I ended up being busier than I thought and I wasn’t really inspired to write…but you can catch my full update later on!
- 19 Books Read + 0 novellas
- 1 nonfiction novels
- 2 standalones (including 1 ARCs)
- 5 of books from TBR Jar
- Started 3 new series (including 1 ARCs)
- Finished 0 series from start to end
- Finished 2 previously started series
- Read sequels for 8 previously started series
|Favourite Read||Least Favourite Read|
*Note: If the review is available, click on the cover! However, due to the nature of my blog (ie I review whole series) it often takes me a few weeks to publish a full review (pending book availability) so look forward to seeing some of these reviews in the upcoming weeks/months if there is no link available!
Most Viewed Post
Most Viewed Review
Previously posted reviews I updated this past month:
I didn’t realize until now that I completed my personal nonfiction challenge last month until this very moment! Go me 😛 I actually surpassed it by one book which is fantastic!
Book Bingo–Canadian: 0 books added
Everything YA Challenge: ✔ 2 YA reads
Goodreads Challenge: 17 books added
Monthly Key Word Challenge: ✔ “Dark”
Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +42 points added
SERIESous’ Personal Classics Challenge: 0 books added
SERIESous’ Personal Nonfiction Challenge: 1 books added (6/5!)
I only set TBR Goals for November in the hopes I could get back on track. Here’s how I did:
- No requests/ARCs in November
- I didn’t do so how with this. I ended up requesting 2 books from Netgalley and another series from the Read 2 Review program I am a part of. But, I was able to fit everything in plus some!
- No putting books on hold at the library in November
- I only made exceptions for two of my favourite-st authors: Richelle Mead and Colleen Hoover. Other than that, I don’t think I put anything else on hold besides ones that I already had on hold and forgot to download.
- Read 5 TBR books in November
- I did manage to do this! I actually managed to read 7 TBR books!
- Generally: Not starting a new series by an author I already have an unfinished series/sequels for
- I broke this one with my Read 2 Review request and technically one of my Netgalley invitations but I’m ok with it.
My plan from December is pretty much the exact same thing but with a greater focus on TBR items and finishing some series I have outstanding conclusions to read.
- Throwdown Thursday will become a Seasonal feature 2016 in order to publish more book reviews on a monthly basis
- My NaNoWriMo was a bit of a bust. I only managed 5000 words which is definitely lower than my target (50,000) and my personal expectations. However, I really love my game plan for my novel so I hope to get back to it once this school term is over.
- Deciding what challenges to join for next year!
- do you have any suggestions? I’d love to hear them!
- Create my Reads in Review for the Year
- Update the following:
- review directories
- Series Recaps
What were your biggest reading or personal accomplishments of the past month? Can you believe it is already DeCember?!
Leave a comment below!