For 2020 I’m combining the best parts of past Reading Challenges. I’m shifting the focus to finishing 30 book series with my 5 Year 5 Book Challenge. I’m also cleaning up my TBR by reading books I already own. And let’s not forget the classic Goodreads Challenge!
To Read 5 of my most anticipated series finales for each of the last 5 years.
Every year, I pick 5 of my hotly anticipated books from each of the last 5 years and make them a priority to read in the new year.
The list totals 25 titles that were published between 2015 – 2019. This year, the focus is on book series grand finales that I never got to as well as an additional 5 series that had their finales published before 2015!
(Fun Fact: That’s a total of 31 Books and 1 Novella!)
Book availability is one of the reasons why some of these series remain unfinished. So I will be using some subscription services like Kindle Unlimited and Scribd to get those final novels in. Some titles I do own or I can get from my library.
15 Books of 31 Read*
*I have DNF’d 0 of the original 31 selected
0 of 5 Years Completed
- 2019 (2/5)
- The Play by Sarina Bowen
- Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake
These Divided Shores by Sara Raasch
- Rise by Ellen Goodlet
Immunity by Erin Bowman
- 2018 (4/5)
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
Eden Conquered by Joelle Charbboneau Inferno by Julie Kagawa The Fates Divide by Veronica Roth Maelstorm by Catherine Payne
- 2017 (4/5+1)
Dirty Filthy Rich Love by Laurelin Paige
- The Savage Dawn by Melissa Gray
Big Shot by Kim Karr 
- Hot Stuff by Kim Karr 
The Empress by S J Kincaid My Peace by Courtney Cole
- 2016 (4/5)
Soleil by Jacqueline Garlick
- Checkmate: This is Love by Kennedy Fox
Beautiful by Christina Lauren Transfer by Aly Martinez Chasing Impossible by Katie McGarry
- 2015 (1/5)
- Broken Promise by H M Ward
Trust Me, I’m Trouble by Mary Elizabeth Summer
- Of Silk and Steam by Bec McMaster
- A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter
- The Temptation of Lila & Ethan by Jessica Sorensen
- Bonus (0/5)
- Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantastky
- Morning Star by Robin Bridges
- Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Flock by Wendy Delsol
- Across a Star Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
15 of 31 Total Books Read*
*I’ve opted not to read 0 sequels of the listed series
1 of 1 Novellas Read**
**I’ve opted not to read 0 novellas of the listed series
(Last Updated: June 30th, 2020)
A personal challenge to read those titles I’ve bought for my eReaders over the years!
The third time is the charm! I really love this personal challenge to read more of the books I already own so I’m bringing it back. It has the same rules as last year, with a focus to read 2 books I owned prior to 2020 every month!
My Goal for 2020:
12 Books of 24 Read
- These are titles I’ve owned prior to 2020
- Minimum of 2 titles a month drawn from my TBR jar/list
- Titles from my 5 Year 5 Book Challenge will count if they were purchased prior to 2020
- DNFs are marked separately and not counted towards final totals
- ✖ January (0):
- Retrieval by Aly Martinez — DNI – reread
- ✖ February (1)
- The Wright Brother by K A Linde
- ✖ March (1)
- The Wright Boss by K A Linde
- ✔ April (7)
- Trade Me by Courtney Milan
- Arrogant Fiancé by T L Smith and Melissa Jane
- Dirty Filthy Rich Love by Laurelin Paige — 5Y5BC
- Dirty Sexy Bastard by Laurelin Paige
- Dirty Sexy Player by Laurelin Paige
- Easy Virtue by Mia Asher
- Dirty Sexy Games by Laurelin Paige
- ✔ May (2)
- Sweet Liar by Laurelin Paige
- Sweet Fate by Laurelin Paige — DNI – 2020 buy
- Jockblocked by Jen McLauglin
- ✖ June (1)
- Game for Trouble by Karen Erickson — DNI – 2020 buy
- Big Shot by Kim Karr — 5Y5BC
(Last Updated: June 30th, 2020)
To read 155 books in 2020
Last year was the first time I didn’t completed my Goodreads Goal since I started doing the challenge. Falling 28 books short of my goal was bittersweet but I’ve come to accept that life just doesn’t let me read like I used to. So, I opted for a lower number this time around in the hopes that it will motivate me to read but doesn’t require me to dedicate all my time to reading.
(Last Updated: January 1st, 2020)
Want to join me in these challenges?
Feel free to set up your own challenges based on mine. You can also use my images (or make your own, just please have my blog name somewhere on the image). All I ask is that you link back to me or post a comment below so I can see what you’ve chosen to do!