This year, I plan on cleaning up my TBRs in a variety of ways. From reading eBooks that have been on my TBR for years to those hotly anticipated reads of the last 5 years that I just haven’t got to yet, 2018 is all about reducing the “to-read” and increasing the “read” statistics.
To Read 5 of my most anticipated reads for each of the last 5 years.
I first introduced this personal challenge last year and while I didn’t succeed in reading all 25 books, I did manage to complete the 2012 selections and that worked perfectly because they are now from 6 years ago.
The list totals 25 titles that were published between 2013 – 2017. Some of the titles I didn’t get to last year are returning but I’ve added in some new ones as well. As most selections are the start of a series, I plan on reading as many of the sequels as possible in order to get some reviews for this blog!
(Fun Fact: That’s a total of 59 Books and 9 Novellas!)
One of the reasons I let this challenge slip was not following my reading plan for the year. This year, I intend to stick with it and not deviate. I’ve also selected a few books that I own so I’m not entirely at the whim of the library for getting these titles.
2 Books of 25 Read*
*I have DNF’d 0 of the original 25 selected
0 of 5 Years Completed
- 2017 (0/5)
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- When It’s Real by Erin Watt
- The Valiant by Lesley Livingston
- Dirty Filthy Rich Men by Laurelin Paige
- The Hundredth Queen by Emily R King
- 2016 (1/5)
- The Diabloic by S J Kincaid
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
Royally Screwed by Emma Chase
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- 2015 (0/5)
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
- The Bourbon Kings by J R Ward
- The Cage by Megan Shepherd
- Book Boyfriend by D C Renee
- The Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz
- 2014 (1/5)
Loop by Karen Akins
- Solitaire by Alice Aseman
- Queen of Someday by Sherry D Ficklin
- Little Black Book by Tabitha Vargo
- Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire
- 2013 (0/5)
- Only Between Us by Mila Ferrera
- Born of Illusion by Teri Brown
- Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan
- At Any Price by Brenna Aubrey
- The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
3 of 59 Total Books Read*
*I’ve opted not to read 1 sequels of the listed series
1 of 9 Novellas Read**
**I’ve opted not to read 0 novellas of the listed series
(Last Updated: January 29, 2018)
52 Sequel Challenge
A personal challenge to read at least one sequel novel a week in 2018.
After I couldn’t find a challenge to meet my sequel needs for 2018, I decided to create my own. In a need to get some series off my plate (I had 130 Series on the go as of December 30, 2017), I wanted to read one sequel novel a week for 2018.
My Goal for 2018:
11 Books of 52 Read
*I have DNF’d 3 sequel novels.
I do have a few guidelines for myself:
- They must be sequels for series started prior to 2018
- However, the sequel novel can be published in 2018
- One sequel a month must be from my personal eBook collection
- This title may count towards my Tackling the TBR 2018 Challenge
- DNFs do not count towards my grand total but will be listed below and specified
DNF’d: (3) The Wager (2) Paper Hearts (1) Scorched
(Last Updated: February 27, 2018)
A personal challenge to read those titles I’ve bought for my eReaders over the years!
Usually I pick a generic TBR reading challenge and apply it towards my personal TBR list but I didn’t find one I really liked this year. I could have repeated one I’ve done in the past, but I like to do a different one each year for this particular challenge. So here is my own personal one!
My Goal for 2018:
9 Books of 36 Read
- These are titles I’ve owned prior to 2018
- Minimum of 2 titles a month drawn from my TBR jar
- An additional 1 book a month must be a sequel I already own
- Titles from my 5 Year 5 Book Challenge will also count
- DNFs are marked separately and not counted towards final totals
- ✔ January (4):
- House of Pawns by Keary Taylor (52 Sequels)
- Royally Screwed by Emma Chase (5Y5BC)
- Love in the Friend Zone by Molly E Lee
- Legacy by Cayla Kluver (DNF’d)
- Torn Hearts by Claire Conteras
- ✔ February (4)
- Paper Hearts by Claire Conteras (DNF’d) (52 Sequels)
- Elastic Hearts by Claire Conteras (52 Sequels)
- Valentine by Samantha Young (52 Sequels)
- Free Me by Laurelin Paige
- The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood
- ✖ March (1)
- His Reverie by Monica Murphy
- ✖ April (0)
(Last Updated: March 9th, 2018)
My goal is to read 190 books this year. Last year, I didn’t think I’d get to read as much as I did and so I surprisingly surpassed my goal before the fall.
For my goal this year, I looked at my previous years (I’ve managed to read at least 200 books for the last 3 years) and I also averaged out the totals from 3 months last year. With that in mind, I determined that 190 is solid goal to aim for. It’s definitely do-able but still requires me to be proactive with my reading.
(Last Updated: January 8, 2018)
March 2018 Take Control TBR Pile Challenge
My Goal: Read 15 titles that are on my Goodreads “Want to Read” and “To-Read” Shelves prior to March 1, 2018 and have been published before March 2018.
13 Books of 15 Read*
- Beauty of the Beast by Rachel L Demeter
- Chase Me by Tessa Bailey
- The Rule Maker by Jennifer Blackwood
- To Love Jason Thorn by Ella Maise
- Once She Dreamed Part One by Abbi Glines
- His Reverie by Monica Murphy
- Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young
- Secret Heir by M J Prince
- Valentine Charms by Anne McAllister
- The Past Life Chronicles: Volume 1 by C K Brooke
- Savage Love by Ella Miles
- Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller
(Last updated: March 19th, 2018)
Want to join me in these challenges?
Feel free to set up your own challenges based on mine. You can also use my images (or make your own, just please have my blog name somewhere on the image). All I ask is that you link back to me or post a comment below so I can see what you’ve chosen to do!