It’s a little late I suppose–but it took me a long time to decide if I wanted to do a monthly blog recap. As per my blog resolutions for 2015 I’ve been taking a look at other blogs in the community (which are all great by the way! There are some awesome blogs out there for sure!) and liked that some people did monthly recaps. Not that I think many people will read it, but it’s a good reflection tool for myself (we studied that last week in my inter-professional course at school and it’s kinda stuck on me :P) to keep a positive attitude and maintain good blogging habits.
Like most readers, real-life gets in the way and you end up not reading as many books as you planned (guilty) or you never got around to reading a particular book (guilty) or you bought more books (guilty x2) or put more books on hold at the library (guilty x3) or… the list can go on and on. Yet as I was composing this post, I realized that I accomplished a lot! And that I should be proud of that fact! In everything I do I focus wayyyyy too much on the negative and not the positive. Sure I had to return a few books to the library unread (the horror I know!) BUT I read some really awesome books last month and put a really, really good dent in some of my reading challenges for the year.
Who knew you could do so much in such a short month!?
- 16 Books Read + 3 novellas
- 1 nonfiction novel (Death of a King)
- 3 standalones (Whatever Life Throws, DUFF, Forget You)
- Started 4 new series (Trust Me, Waterfire Saga, Alienated, Worldwalker Trilogy)
- Finished 1 series from start to end (Hopeless)
- Read sequels for 4 previously started series (Wild Seasons, Tangled, Falling Away, Welcome to the Point)
|Favourite Read||Least Favourite|
*Note: just because I read a series/book this month doesn’t mean that the review was also published. Due to the nature of my blog (ie I review whole series) it often takes me a few weeks to publish a full review (pending book availability) so look forward to seeing some of these reviews in the upcoming months!
- Caroline & West by Robin York (Completed Series)
- The Burke Brothers by Emma Hart (Fresh New Series)
- Most Wanted Trilogy by J. Kenner (Completed Series)
- 2B Trilogy by Ann Aguirre (Completed Series)
- Wild Seasons by Christina Lauren (Ongoing Series)
- Waterfire Saga by Jennifer Donnelly (Ongoing Series)
- Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross
- Death of a King by Tavis Smiley
- Movie Monday: Fifty Shades of Grey
- Previously posted reviews I updated this past month:
Reading Challenge Updates
I also created my own personal challenges: A Classics Challenge & a Nonfiction Challenge!
✔ Two YA books
✖ Mini Challenge
Classic Challenge Reviews
- Updated some pictures/graphics
- Created a new tag for POV (it’s more specific now)
- Updated Book Recaps for Series A-F
On Order for March
- I have some new features coming!
- Memeful Moments – a NEW monthly feature where I write my thoughts about an internet meme
- Throwdown Thursdays – a NEW ORIGINAL monthly feature where I compare two books/series/etc against each other
- Top Ten Tuesdays – I plan to follow the weekly meme but on a monthly basis
- Update the following:
- review directories
- Series Recaps for G-L
- a TBR jar — honestly I’m embarrassed it took me so long to find this awesome idea!
Music in the Aisles
Just for fun I thought I would talk about what music I’ve been listening to lately. I’ve really been loving Nick Jonas’ latest album! His songs have been stuck in my head all week!
What were your biggest reading or personal accomplishments of the past month? Did you accomplish more or less because of the shorter month? Leave a comment below!
Thanks for reading this if you read it all the way through!
I wish you all SERIESously happy reading!