GAH! The end of August means school is just around the corner! That means less reading time–well, in theory; rarely in practice. While I didn’t officially participate in ARC August, I did read a lot of ARCs and requests which was a lot of fun. I also did a great job with my Tackling the TBR Challenge for July and August. More details about that will be posted in a few weeks but I was really happy with where I ended things this month.
But enough about the month ahead! Let’s focus on the Awesome month that was August.
- 21 Books Read + 1 novellas
- 2 nonfiction novels
- 7 standalones (including 2 ARCs)
- 1 book from TBR Jar
- Started 5 new series (including 3 ARCs)
- Finished 1 series from start to end
- Finished 2 previously started series
- Read sequels for 4 previously started series
- Read 1 anthology
- Marked 2 Books as DNF
|Favourite Reads||Least Favourite Read|
*Note: If the review is available, click on the cover! However, due to the nature of my blog (ie I review whole series) it often takes me a few weeks to publish a full review (pending book availability) so look forward to seeing some of these reviews in the upcoming weeks/months if there is no link currently available!
I was a bad, bad girl this month! I bought books :O But in my defence, they all cost $1 (except 3 but I got them for 50% off!) and most were to complete series I already had. I’ve promised myself no more next month!
|Most Viewed Post|
Top Ten Author’s I’ve Read the Most Of
Previously posted series reviews I updated this past month:
The big news is I finished my Goodreads Challenge. YIKES! Guess I seriously underestimated my reading time this year! And after a two month hiatus, I finally got a few keywords in for my Monthly Keyword Challenge! Now my focus is on Tackling my TBR and reading more Canadian Authors. A classic or two wouldn’t hurt either.
Book Bingo–Canadian: 0 books added
Everything YA Challenge: ✖ Mini Challenge + ✔ 2 YA reads
Goodreads Challenge: 22 books added
Monthly Key Word Challenge: ✔ “Heart”
Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +47 points added
SERIESous’ Personal Classics Challenge: 0 books added
SERIESous’ Personal Nonfiction Challenge: 2 books added!
In this monthly feature I pit two books or themes against each other to see who will be triumphant. I give my subjective opinion in the post, but I want to see who would win in your eyes via a poll. Thanks to those who participated!
This month’s final poll results:
The Infernal Devices 3 | The Mortal Instruments 2
Next Battle: Gossip Girl Book Series vs Gossip Girl TV Series
I participated in my second readathon, the You’re Excused to Read Readathon. My goal was to read 7 books in the span of a week. And I’m happy to say that I did! They weren’t the books I had initially selected but, hey, it’s 7 books! Full details here.
- Nothing really happened this month…oops
- I suppose that I’ve decided to post my updated book reviews to Goodreads is news
- normally I just post my review of the first book of a series with a link on Goodreads but from now on I’m going to post my review of books I read in ongoing/personally incomplete series to Goodreads since they are basically individual reviews of that book and not the series.
- Update the following:
- review directories
- Series Recaps for S-Z
- adding the recap button to previously posted reviews
- I’m thinking about offering to do graphics for other blogs as a side hobby
- I would have some logistic kinks to work out but I love graphics design and think it would give me something else to do when I’m not in class, reading or blogging. Stay tuned for more info!
- Trilogy Termination novels will be read — more details to come!
- Blogging 101 guide – have the basics out, now to actually write it!
Last September I went to see The Weeknd on a whim and I have to say, I am loving his latest singles! I Can’t Feel my Face and The Hills have been playing nonstop at my place! I also saw 5 Seconds of Summer in concert so She’s Kinda Hot has been my jam these last few weeks 😛
What were your biggest reading or personal accomplishments of the past month?
Leave a comment below!