I have no idea where this month went! Honestly! I was feeling so good about my reading back in October and then this month just had to go and ruin that momentum.
But I did get a lot done even if it wasn’t as much as I wanted (though it is surprisingly better than last November). It’s taken me all year but I’ve come to terms with the decline in my reading stats and I don’t feel as much pressure to read as much as I did before. Even if the numbers aren’t like they used to be, I really enjoyed everything I read this month and the freedom I had to pick up whatever book I wanted and when. I haven’t been able to do that in a long time!
Total for November 2019: 13 Books Read + 0 Novellas Read
Last November: 12 Books Read + 2 Novellas Read + 1 DNFs
Standout Read (★★★★★)
I was super duper scared but excited for the 4th Legend novel—and all my worries were for nothing. This is how you wrap up a series years after its original publication!
Biggest Let Down (★★★)
I was very excited for this playboy to fall in love and I just felt underwhelmed by his whole character arc, but especially the romance.
Previously posted series reviews that got updates:
You can always get the full details on all my challenges on my dedicated page but here is a quick update:
5 Year 5 Book Challenge: 0 books added | 17 of 25 Titles Read – 3 Books Behind
Goodreads Challenge: 13 books added | 157/200 Books – 24 Books Behind
Tackling the TBR Challenge: +5 books added | 24/24 Books – Completed in October!
View my Challenge Progress Here!
Sequel Month #4!
In an effort to reduce the number of book series I have on the go (123 and counting!), I’ve decided to dedicate 4 months of 2019 to sequels. Because December is dedicated to wrapping up my challenges, my last sequel month for 2019 is November.
Approximately 92% of the books (all but one!) I read this month were sequels! You can see the breakdown of what I read below:
- # of Sequels Read: 12 + 2 in progress
- Dark Paradise by Winter Renshaw (Dark #1)
- I actually read the sequel first 😉
- Bedwrecker by Kim Karr (Men of Laguna #2)
- One Blood Ruby by Melissa Marr (Seven Black Diamonds #2)
- Hollywood Prince by Kim Karr (Men of Laguna #3)
- Rebel by Marie Lu (Legend #4)
- Vortex by Julie Cross (Tempest #2)
- Good Girl by Lauren Layne (Love Unexpectedly #2)
- More than Comics by Elizabeth Briggs (Chasing the Dream #2)
- Timestorm by Julie Cross (Tempest #3)
- Fallen Heir by Erin Watt (The Royals #4)
- Love Story by Lauren Layne (Love Unexpectedly #3)
- Cracked Kingdom by Erin Watt (The Royals #5)
- Most Likely to Score by Lauren Blakely (Ballers and Babes #2)
- Royal Captives by Michael Pierce (Royal Replicas #2)
- Dark Paradise by Winter Renshaw (Dark #1)
- # of Series Finished: 6
- Seven Black Diamonds
- Men of Laguna
- The Royals
I definitely plan on bringing this approach back next year because I’ve seen a HUGE improvement when it comes to finishing series. And it reminded me so much why I love to binge read series which I feel like I haven’t done in a very long time. In turn, I was able to churn out a lot of reviews for the blog! I didn’t think I’d have enough content to schedule in the new year but these sequel months have helped get some of those dusty drafts out into the open.
Here are some of the grand totals for the year:
- # of sequels read: 77 books! (~57% of titles read this year)
- # of series finished: 30 series!
I used to do a big Goodreads Purge twice a year but I like the idea of doing a little bit at a time and had great success last year doing this on a monthly basis. The idea is to go through 5-10 books on your Goodreads TBR list chronologically and decide if they should stay or go. My 10 titles consist of 7 “new to me” titles and 3 “previously started series” titles.
Pass: 6 | Keep: 4
Grand Total YTD: Pass: 28| Keep: 52
Did I give up on any too soon? Let me know in the comments below!
December is all about finishing up my reading goals. I work a lot this month because of the holidays so I don’t think I will be able to get as much reading in as a I dream. But the plan is to at least get my 5 Year 5 Book Challenge completed.
And thanks to Cyber Week, I’ve snagged some great deals for Kindle Unlimited and Audible so even more reading will be in store!
What were your biggest reading or personal accomplishments of the past month?
Leave a comment below!