It has been a great year for books! While I personally didn’t get a chance to read as many books as I had wished, I did make a good dent in my “to-read” list this past year. I also started this blog which has been a lot of fun!
Check out which books I read this past year here!
I’ve decided to compile a list of my top picks from various categories based on what I read this past year. Most categories deal with books published only this past year (2013) but there are some exceptions. Each category is introduced and has a brief explanation why I picked the top book in that category. I also have links to reviews if I was able to create my own this past year.
Without further ado:
Top New Adult Series – Series that were published in 2013
1. Drew + Fable (One Week Girlfriend) by Monica Murphy ~~~Just a great series and one that got me addicted to the New Adult genre
2. Beautifully Broken (If You Stay) by Courtney Cole
3. Falling into You (Falling Into You) by Lauren Abrams
4. Rosemary Beach (Fallen too Far) by Abbi Glines
5. Losing It (Losing It) by Cora Cormack
Honourable Mentions: Off the Subject (After Math) by Denise Grover
Top New Contemporary Romance Series – A new series that was published in 2013
1. Fixed Series (Fixed on You) by Laurelin Paige~~~while it borders on New Adult, I was just really impressed with this refreshing novel
2. Stark Trilogy (Release Me) by J. Kenner
3. Tangled Series (Tangled) by Emma Chase
Best Continuing Series – A series that had a sequel book that was published in 2013
1. Crown of Midnight – Throne of Glass Series #2 by Sarah J. Maas~~~this series took a turn I never saw coming and I am dying to get more!
2. Fiery Heart – Bloodlines Series #4 by Richelle Mead
3. Through the Zombie Glass – White Rabbit Chronicles #2 by Gena Showalter
4. Through the Evernight – Under the Never Sky #2 by Veronica Rossi
5. Sweet Peril – Sweet Trilogy #2 by Wendy Higgins
Best New Young Adult Series – New series that were published in 2013
1. Spellcaster (Spellcaster) by Claudia Gray~~~really impressed with the maturity and plot of this story!
2. Fate on Fire (Feudlings) by Wendy Knight
3. Hooked (Hooked) by Liz Fichera
Best Standalones – Books that I read in 2013, not their publishing date
1. Measuring Up by Nyrae Dawn~~~a touching love story by one of my new favourite authors!
2. Everything Between Us by Mila Ferrera
3. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
4. Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
5. Addicted to Him by Lauren Dodd
Honourable Mention: Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle
Best Freebie eBook – Based on Books that were Free during the 2013 year, not their publishing date
1. Escorted – Escorted Series #1 by Claire Kent~~~this book really surprised me and I loved reading it!
2. The Guys are Props Club – G.A.P. Series #1 by Ingrid Seymour
3. Tangled Beauty – Tangled Series #1 by K.L. Middleton
4. Heartless by Catou Martine
5. Selling Scarlett – Love Inc. Series #1 by Ella James
Worst Reads of 2013 – Based on books that I read during this year, not their publishing date
1. Vogel House by John Forrester~~~this book was just plain weird and twisted (not in a good way either); hard to follow at times
2. Rocked by Him by Lucy Lambert
3. Wanted – Wanted Series #1 by Kelly Elliot
4. This Beautiful Thing – Young Love #1 by Amanda Heath
5. Taking Chances – Taking Chances #1 by Molly McAdams
Sad to See Go Series – Series that ended in 2013
1. The Infernal Devices (Clockwork Angel) by Cassandra Clare~~~one of my all-time favourite series!
2. Ruby Red Trilogy (Ruby Red) by Kerstin Gier
3. Crash Trilogy (Crash) by Nicole Williams
Best Serialized Series – Books that were published in installments
1. Twisted Arrangement by Mora Early~~~cute contemporary read with a dash of drama and romance
2. Passion and Deceit by Leela Atherton
3. Blurred Lines by Breena Wilde
What were your favourite reads of this past year?
Have a safe and happy New Year! I wish you all SERIESously happy reading!